NIH Common Fund programs can provide a strategic and nimble approach to address key roadblocks in biomedical research that impede basic scientific discovery and its translation into improved human health. All NIH Institutes and Centers are involved with the NIH Office of Strategic Coordination in the design, implementation and evaluation of Common Fund programs.
NCATS is in a unique position to administer several innovative Common Fund programs that complement the Center’s efforts to transform the translational science process so that more treatments can reach more patients more quickly. NCATS co-chairs and provides leadership on the following Common Fund programs:
– Extracellular RNA Communication (ExRNA)
– Illuminating the Druggable Genome (IDG)
– Somatic Cell Genome Editing
– Stem Cell Translation Laboratory
– Stimulating Peripheral Activity to Relieve Conditions (SPARC)